Monday, October 11, 2010

Getting back into the swing of things....

I am finding it hard to get back into blogging...maybe it's just the busy-ness of life in general, or that I was finding it hard to blog while living in a place I wasn't happy in? Whatever, I am feeling ready to try it again. I will need to download our camera program on this new laptop so that I can download some pictures to share. In the meantime, just some catching up to do:

It's been interesting to see how God has been moving in our life...literally at times.  We were in Everett for too many months, but then a spot opened up in La Conner for us to moor our boat and we joyfully headed up!! The slip was most likely temporary, but worth the move.  We were there for a couple of months and then had to relocate as the previous boat returned and needed our slip back.  We are now at the other end of La Conner moored in a little marina that is on the curve of the channel.....this can get pretty exciting now and then as huge logs come floating around the corner and hit the boat....some pretty hard! Other than that, it is pretty peaceful, on one side we are looking at a farm and the other we look across the channel at the Shelter Bay community.  We have a great view of the Rainbow Bridge, and seeing the small port town of La Conner at night under the lighted bridge is a treat.  We feel very blessed.

Mike is enjoying being back on the Bridge Crew for WSDOT.  He likes the crew he works with, and the fact that everyday is different from the day before.  He can be on Deception Pass bridge one day and up by the border another.  His crew covers from the Canadian Border to Tacoma, and the top of the passes to the sound. 

I am working for some friends, George & Eiko, who own an organic farm called Skagit River Ranch.  They raise and sell organic beef, chicken, eggs, pork & lamb.  I work in the office, and am enjoying getting it organized while learning more about their business.  It is a beautiful farm, and I am happy to be working with them. If you want to know more about it, and see some photos, you can go to their website http://www.skagitriverranch.com/ and check it out.  One of the benefits of my job is that I get to eat some of the best beef, pork and chicken I have ever tasted!  Not to mention being able to work with longtime friends!

We are loving being able to spend time with our girls and grandkids! It is so nice to be able to get together and celebrate family times with them as well as our extended family.  It has been great to reconnect with old friends, and worship at our home church in Day Creek again.  It is interesting to see how God has brought us full circle.  So many ways in which we feel God's leading in our lives.  We truly feel at home where He has us at this time.  As I look out the window at this beautiful place, the sun is shining on the water with the reflections dancing on the ceiling, I feel abundantly blessed by the gifts of family, friends, home, and the peace the Lord has given us.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to Blogsville!

    We missed you here, and we also miss you here!

    G, R, K & E. x

    ReplyDelete