Sunday, April 10, 2011

bending & twisting.....learning a new art form!

first attempt

this one was for Aubrey

Hannah got this one

Celtic tree ornament
I made several of these for gifts this year.
Some with green glass beads
and some with vintage crystals.
No two exactly alike!

Aubrey's birthday

Hannah's birthday

dragonfly hair or scarf pin

I am enjoying (for the most part) learning how to create
a little magic with wire. Copper wire can be tricky to work with,
especially as the wire I have needs to be straightened
before I can use it & the more you work the wire, the stronger
 it seems to get. I have broken a lot of wire! I hope to get
better at making the wire do what I want it to do....
usually one side  turns out better than the other.
I like working with the steel wire, copper wire can
be fun too and I am so glad that
 April introduced me to wire twisting!

2 comments:

  1. You are doing an awesome job on this new craft. I think it is really beautiful. Miss you on face book :(.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice job!! Kira and I are very impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete